Last Modified: March 26th, 2020
- The scope of this policy
- What personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
THE SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
- Care Providers: Care Providers are individuals who provide, or want to be engaged to provide, non-medical care services to Care Seekers.
- Care Seekers: Care Seekers include healthcare facilities, home care agencies and hospice agencies who are seeking to use Care Providers for non-medical care services. Individuals seeking a Care Provider and their relatives and friends are not eligible to be Care Seekers.
- General Website Users: General Website Users are users of the Site who do not fall into either of the two categories described above.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- a) Information Users Give Us
We collect personal information that Users voluntarily share with us through the Site. The information Users voluntarily share with us may include the following:
- Contact information, including name, email address, mailing address, and mobile phone number (see Text Messaging section below)
- Educational background
- Professional license number(s)
- Criminal history information
- Location information (see Location Information section, below)
- Survey responses, including your name, email address, and feedback
- Contact information, including name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number
- Payment information
- Specific inquiry information regarding services the Care Seeker is looking for
- Survey responses, including your name, email address, and feedback
General Website Users:
- Contact information, including name, email address, and telephone number
- Specific inquiry information
- Location information
- Survey responses, including your name, email address, and feedback
Please note if you submit payment card information through the Site (e.g., credit or debit card information), GetCareJobs.com never receives the payment card information. The payment card number and security code are converted into digital tokens by a payment processing service provider under contract with GetCareJobs.com. The Site then transmits the cardholder’s name, expiration date, and digital token to the service provider for payment processing via Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption. At no point does the Site store payment card numbers on GetCareJobs.com’s servers.
You may, at your choice, complete surveys on the Site about, for example, your level of satisfaction with the Site, requested features on the Site, and your level of satisfaction with GetCareJobs.com. In some cases, we may link the information you provide in the survey with personal information you provide. When linked to personal information, your survey information becomes personal information too.
- b) Information We Collect Through Technology On The Site
To enhance your experience at the Site, we collect information about Users through technology. When you access and use the Site, GetCareJobs.com and, in some cases, our third-party service providers, collect information about how you interact with the Site. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
We do not link your personal information to device identifier information, browser information, or IP addresses. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. An IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, but we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address.
We also use information collected by cookies to help us understand and save your preferences for future visits to the Site. For example, cookies gather information about the link from which you came to the Site, links clicked on the Site, pages visited, and length of time on a page, so that we can understand what web pages are of most interest to Users.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your browser settings if you like. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
We include small graphic images or other web programming code, called web beacons (also known as “web bugs,” “pixel tags,” or “clear GIFs”), on the Site. Web beacons are small pieces of code that are embedded on the pages of websites or applications so we can detect when they have been viewed. They are used to track the online movements of Users. We also use web beacons to collect technical information on a User’s computer or app, such as browser type, system language, operating system (OS) version, time zone, headers and screen resolution metrics, and IP address. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a User’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We include scripts on the Site. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about a user’s interactions with a website. Typically, the script is temporarily downloaded onto a computer from the host website’s server (or the server of a third party service provider), and is active only while the visitor is connected to the website, then deleted or deactivated thereafter. This information is not shared with third parties.
Tracking Online Activities Over Time and Across Websites
We do not track your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. The Site uses web beacons, for example, to help us determine what advertisers or links brought you to our Site. We then track your activities on our Site. We also use web beacons to track your visits to other websites so that third-party service providers can display GetCareJobs.com advertisements to you on those other websites based on your activities while on the Site.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
We support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal information.
- c) Information You Provide To A Third Party
- d) Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect about you through the Site with records received from third parties in order to tailor our content to you, to enhance our ability to serve you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you. For example, other websites on which we have placed advertisements may tell us which ads about GetCareJobs.com you clicked. This is often called “conversion tracking.”
- e) Information You Provide About Third Parties
You may choose to provide us personal information about another individual. For example, we provide a referral program which allows a Care Provider to provide the email address, name and/or phone number of an individual that we may invite to the platform.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to serve you and to improve your experience on the Site. Some examples include:
- To present the Site and its contents
- To continuously evaluate and improve the online User experience
- To allow Care Seekers to search for compatible Care Providers
- To help Care Seekers enroll in GetCareJobs.com’s services
- To help Care Seekers receive GetCareJobs.com’s services from Care Providers
- To allow Care Seekers to submit feedback regarding Care Providers
- To recruit Care Providers and facilitate sign up by individuals to become a Care Provider
- To respond to general requests for information
- To communicate regarding GetCareJobs.com services
- To market and advertise products and services
- To send you marketing and promotional emails, on behalf of GetCareJobs.com, unless you have told us you do not want to receive such emails
- To communicate about special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys
- To request feedback regarding the Site;
- To conduct research and analysis;
- To allow Users to establish and manage their accounts
- To identify Users on the Site and tailor messages and offers based on their interactions with the Site.
Location Information Of Care Providers Collected Through Mobile App
GetCareJobs.com collects location information from Care Providers to help us provide quality service to Care Seekers. In particular, we may collect the precise location of your mobile device (latitude and longitude) when the Family Directed app is running in the foreground or background of your mobile device. We use your location information to help us administer and market our services, for example, by connecting you with Care Seekers in your geographic area. If you choose to disable the location feature through the settings on your mobile device or browser, GetCareJobs.com will not receive precise location information from your device, which may interfere with the efficient function of our business.
Mobile Phone Number Of Care Providers Collected Through The Site
We may use your mobile phone number to communicate with you via text messages, telephone calls, and push notifications. These text messages may be transmitted by automated means.
HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. The following are some of the ways we may share your personal information with third parties:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your personal information with third-party service providers to assist us in providing services to you. These third-party service providers are under contract with GetCareJobs.com.
- Advertising Platforms: We may disclose the fact that you visited the Site to advertising networks or to other online platforms so that they can show you GetCareJobs.com advertisements on other websites and platforms.
- Third-Party Processors: Through the Site, you transmit your payment card information to a third-party payment card processor.
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site. For example, Google Analytics may track what pages users visit on the Site and how long they stay there to determine how users use the Site.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your personal information to our attorney for purposes of obtaining legal advice.
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies for their marketing, advertising, and customer research purposes.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share personal information in a court proceeding, in response to a civil discovery request, subpoena, court order, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of GetCareJobs.com, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We may disclose and transfer your information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database.
- In connection with a consolidation, corporate merger, and the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site.
HOW WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, we use Transport Security Layer (TSL) encryption to protect the data collection forms on our Site. In addition, only employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personal information. Employees with access to personal information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may use the profile editing tool within the Site, or contact support@GetCareJobs.com to access, update, correct, and delete your personal information. In order to edit your profile you must first log into the Site. In order to log in, click the log in link. From there you will enter the email address that you used to register with the Site. A unique personal identification number (PIN) will then be sent to your email address. Please enter the PIN where indicated. You will then be taken to the profile editor.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- To opt out of interest-based advertising, you can visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and follow NAI’s on-screen instructions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising, but the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. In addition, if you opt out through NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new device, you will need you opt out of interest-based advertising again.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Google, Yelp, or other similar advertising platforms that are targeted to your interests, use your settings for Facebook or Google Ads or similar platforms.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
California Privacy Rights
- The right to know: Consumers have the right to request the disclosures of (1) what personal information has been collected; (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected; (3) the business or commercial purposes for collection or selling personal information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information GetCareJobs.com has collected;
- The right to deletion: Consumers have the right to request the deletion of their personal information that has been collected; and
- The right to opt out: Consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information
- The right to nondiscrimination: Consumers have the right not to be discriminated against due to their exercise of their CCPA rights.
- Under the CCPA, a data subject may only make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period. GetCareJobs.com will respond to such personal information request within 45 days of receiving the personal information request.
- Additionally, under California’s “Shine the Light Law”, if you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from GetCareJobs.com regarding the manner in which GetCareJobs.com shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to GetCareJobs.com at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information GetCareJobs.com disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and address of third parties that received such information or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format. You may make such a request by contacting us at the Contact section of our Site.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights as described herein, you may submit a consumer request to us by contacting us via the contact methods provided in the Contact section of our Site.